Fun With Punctuation
A punctuation contest, now closed.
Now that the holidays are over and we're forging into a new year, we're going to be picking up the pace again at Textbroker. Before running full-hilt into the topic of grammar, we thought we'd have a little fun. To stress how important punctuation is, we're including a link to a BBC article where readers were asked to write one text with two meanings based solely on the punctuation.
You can read some of the submissions here.
We're now opening up the blog to you, and like our post on "Toast Broken," we will be determining the top submissions. Can you do as well as these writers did?
For your submission, please write two versions based on one of the following:
1. A thank you letter
2. An acceptance letter for an unexpected award
3. A follow-up letter to a potential employer
4. A customer suggestion card
Please post all submissions in the comment section below.
We are also implementing some new features on the author side that we think you're going to love:
1. A rating system for client instructions: Authors will be able to rate a client's instructions based on clarity, research required, keyword implementation and whether or not the assignment is appropriate for the quality level requested.
2. A forum: Authors will have a place to communicate outside of the blog.
3. A proofreading system: Clients will have the option to send their accepted articles to a proofreader for correction. Level 4 and 5 authors wishing to participate must successfully complete a test based on the AP Stylebook's guidelines. All proofreaders will be paid per word for their time.
We will reveal more information once we go live with these features.