How to Get Relief by Contacting Author Services
As of April 2019, we are currently not returning emails and phone messages regarding status updates on verification documents. When you submitted your documents to [email protected], you should have received an auto-reply.
MichellaTextbroker Author Services Rep
As a freelance writer, it can sometimes feel like you are shouting into the void, but Textbroker does have support to help authors solve common problems with orders and account issues. Our standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST, but we do also have limited support available on weekends and holidays.
What about my verification documents?
As of April 2019, we are currently not returning emails and phone messages regarding status updates on verification documents. When you submitted your documents to [email protected], you should have received an auto-reply. This email serves as acknowledgement of receipt, and it means that your documents are in the queue to be verified.
To prevent further delays, please make sure you have included the following:
1. A clear photograph of yourself holding your ID by your face
2. A legible photograph of the ID by itself to ensure we can read everything
3. You have sent your documents from the email address you used to register
4. Oregon and Military IDs: You have included a picture of the back of the ID
5. We cannot accept documents submitted via a shared drive or cloud
But why? Due to a very large influx of new authors around the beginning of the year, our verification queue is far behind our usual estimate. As a result, we are using our time to get the verification queue processed as quickly as possible, rather than providing status updates.
For the fastest answer to your question, try our FAQ first!
We are always happy to help with any issues you are having with an order or with your account, but there may be some situations we will be unable to assist with. Here are some of the most common issues we can help you solve and the information you can provide to make it easier for us to assist you. Any time you contact us, please make sure you include as much information as possible, and always provide an author-ID, order-ID, and/or client-ID where applicable to prevent unnecessary back and forth.
- Keywords aren’t working. We can help! Please send us an email as soon as you notice the problem, and make sure you include the Order-ID in your original email as well as any other relevant information, such as which keywords are not registering. Additionally, you need to make sure you have your content in the submission box and you click “save manually” so that we can review your text. Keep our office hours in mind, and try to reach out to us well before your order expires.
- I’m a verified author, but I can’t access my account. We’re happy to investigate this for you! Please make sure you are contacting us from the email address associated with your account, and include any relevant information, such as screenshots of any error messages. If you are unable to login because your account has not yet been verified, you will need to wait until we have verified your account.
- Changing personal information on your account. You may need to re-verify your account in order to change any of this information. Please email [email protected] with your author-ID, and we will reply with the information you need to provide.
Here are a few other situations we may not be able to assist with and the steps you can take on your own:
- I don’t understand the client’s instructions or revision request. Unfortunately, we see the same thing you see. The best option is to send the client a message through your website by clicking on their client-ID and then selecting “Send a message.” If the client doesn’t get back to you in time, we recommend doing the best you can with the information you have available. The client can always send you a revision request.
- My order expired. We are not able to manually reassign an order to an author, and we cannot extend deadlines or processing time set by the client. You can select an order twice, so please feel free to return to the Open Order pool to pick it up again. Please be aware that it is immediately available to all other authors at the required rating level, so make sure you’re quick!
- The keyword is misspelled or grammatically incorrect. The client may or may not have done this intentionally, and we are not able to change keywords without the client’s permission. You can always contact the client to ask if this was intentional. If they do not get back to you in time, please use the keywords exactly as they are presented. You will never be penalized by our editors for this.
If you have any other questions, shoot us an email, or check our FAQ .
What is the best way to get in touch with support?
The best way to get in touch with Author Services is via email at [email protected]. You will receive an automatic reply to your message with answers to common questions and updates on current processing times for documents. If you receive this automatic reply, rest assured that we have your email. For general inquiries and questions on orders, we typically respond within one business day. For documents requiring processing, we will reply to your email as soon as we have processed the document.
You can also send us a message by clicking the “Help” button at the bottom of your screen. The next menu will give you the opportunity to go through our FAQ before sending your message.
If you want to give us a call, we do have phone support Monday through Friday during office hours. If you miss us, please leave us a voicemail. Ensure that you provide a detailed message, including your author-ID or the email address associated with your account. Additionally, you will need to provide us with your name and a valid contact number, or we will not be able to return your call. Please listen carefully to any recorded messages before leaving your voicemail as your question might be answered before you even get to the beep! You can find our contact information here .
If you did not receive an auto reply email from [email protected], please email [email protected] with the subject line “no auto-reply received.”
We hope this helps answer some of your questions, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Begin your freelance career by writing at Textbroker.
Sign up today!